Retail & Luxury
For several years, technology and digitisation have impacted the retail and luxury industries like never before. Companies in this sector had to find new ways to market their products, and they have had to develop and grow online activities and faster delivery options to meet fast changing consumer needs. At the same time, distribution channels have to be adapted to the increasingly regulated market environment. The protection of IP rights, anti-piracy, brand positioning and data protection have also become increasingly important.
With years of experience in advising some of the key players in Switzerland’s retail and luxury industry, we have a team of industry specialists to advise you comprehensively on any related questions that may arise and offer you custom solutions.
Our specialists advise you in particular in the following areas:
- E-commerce, data management, data protection strategies, advice in connection with digital business ideas and online platforms;
- Development of intellectual property strategies, advice regarding advertising campaigns, trademark and design laws as well as other labelling issues;
- National and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions and financing in the retail and luxury industry;
- Supply and distribution agreements, development, know-how and licensing agreements, employee invention agreements;
- Trademark, unfair competition, patent and design litigation and arbitration (infringement, invalidity, assignment and ownership disputes, licensing disputes, supply disputes) and other commercial litigation and arbitration proceedings;
- Competition law advice (price differentiation, distribution channel planning for dominant companies etc.).
Globe Law and Business Ltd, June 2022
The Law Reviews, Edition 1, 9 November 2021
MLL-News, 16 October 2020