Nadine von Büren-Maier advises clients on M&A transactions (share and asset deals) which often include IP and Tech rich assets, on the incorporation of Swiss legal entities and on all legal aspects related to exploitation of their activities in Switzerland. In particular, she assists the clients in drafting any corporate and commercial contractual documents and advises on the applicable regulatory provisions and questions of corporate governance. Furthermore, she assists the clients in employment and social security issues and represents them in commercial proceedings and debt collection matters.
Nadine von Büren-Maier also advises clients on the protection and exploitation of their intellectual property (trademarks, designs, copyrights, patents) and is in charge of the management of several trademark and design portfolios. She also defends the IP rights before the competent authorities and courts and assists the clients in drafting IP related contracts such as assignments, license and franchise agreements, manufacture and distribution agreements, research and development agreements.
Finally, Nadine von Büren-Maier has a very solid knowledge of IT and data protection law.
Nadine von Büren-Maier has particular experience in the industries of retail, fashion, food, cosmetics, healthcare and life science, hospitality, production and industrial sites, IT, interior design, family offices and asset management, sports and art.
She is fluent in French, German and English.
Nadine von Büren-Maier is a member of the board of directors of several companies.
She is also acting as liquidator of companies and executors will of estates.
Nadine von Büren-Maier is also deputy judge at the Geneva Court of Justice.
Rankings & Awards
- Nadine von Büren-Maier is featured as a key lawyer in The Legal 500 EMEA, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, 2022
- Nadine von Büren-Maier is recommended in The Legal 500 EMEA, Employment, 2022
- Nadine von Büren-Maier is recommended in The Legal 500 EMEA, Intellectual Property, 2022
Deals & Cases
- Advises national and international retail companies (food, fashion, cosmetics, healthcare and MedTech products) and assists their headquarter regarding the set-up of a distribution network, multiple sales points and/or advises on the exploitation of one or several industrial sites in Switzerland
- Leads M&A transactions (often IP/Tech related). For instance, advised Swiss chocolate producer Favarger regarding the sale of the assets and trademarks related to the Avelines business to competitor Maestrani as well as regarding the establishment of a license, manufacturing and distribution relationship for chocolate products
- Assists clients regarding the management and enforcement of its trademark portfolio at an international level in collaboration with a network of local correspondents
- Advises start-up clients in setting up of a legal entity and protecting its intellectual property (trademarks, designs, copyrights and patents) and assists in drafting contracts related thereto (such as license and distribution agreements, manufacture agreements) and financing
- Advises clients active in the hotel and restaurant business on the negotiation of commercial leases, franchise agreements, specific employment law issues
- Advises HR departments on Swiss employment and social security law and regularly represents clients within termination proceedings at the labor courts or intervenes at the competent authorities regarding short-time work compensation or detachment of employees
- Assists a client regarding industrial interior design services and advises on all contractual aspects related to the construction projects (client is either working as general contractor or subcontractor)
- Acts as liquidator of legal entities and acts before the competent courts regarding debt collection and insolvency matters and acts as executor’s will for several complex estates
- Advises a NGO on all corporate aspects and has performed an audit on the compliance of all applicable data protection provisions to the data processing by the NGO on several continents
Education & Admission
- University of St. Gallen (postgraduation) M.B.L.-HSG (2005)
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (2001)
- University of St. Gallen, lic. iur. (1998)
Memberships and public offices
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Geneva Bar Association (OdaGe)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Women in IP
Nadine von Büren-Maier is featured as a key lawyer in The Legal 500 EMEA, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, 2022