Julie Wynne is a highly regarded social impact lawyer with a particular expertise in philanthropy, social entrepreneurship and social impact finance. She advises individuals, non-profit organisations and businesses which aim to make social and environmental impact.
Julie Wynne, TEP, is specialised in all aspects of international estate planning. She provides advice in the field of wills, probate and estate administration, application of international succession laws, including international inheritance and tax issues.
Julie Wynne also has significant experience in employment law. She provides advice to a wide array of clients, whether organisations or individuals. She worked two years as clerk with the Geneva Labour Courts.
Passionate about art, Julie Wynne assists institutional art collectors and individuals on legal issues relating to their collecting activities in connection with tax and estate planning. She also advises cultural institutions on charity law, governance issues, legacies, fundraising and sponsorship. She is a Board member of the Fondation de l’Elysée and the president of its Patrons’ Club, Club Elysée.
She is very involved in the promotion of philanthropy and the use of business as a force for good. She is a Board member of GAIL – the Global Alliance of Impact Lawyers, Chair of STEP Philanthropy Advisors Steering Committee and a member of the Advisory Council of the Geneva Center for Business and Human Rights. She sits also in various boards of charitable organisations, amongst other of Earthworm Foundation, Switzerland for UNHCR Foundation, the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition and XPRIZE (Europe) Foundation.
Rankings & Awards
- “Julie Wynne is very knowledgeable on philanthropy and social investment” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2023
- “Julie is an expert, very active in this space” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2023
- “Julie Wynne has unique capabilities that makes a go-to lawyer in the private clients practice, specially for her philanthropy knowledge” – Legal 500 EMEA, Private Client, 2023
- “She specialises in inheritance law and she knows her stuff. She is also very good at everything to do with charitable foundations” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2022
- Julie Wynne is featured as a key lawyer in The Legal 500 EMEA, Commercial, Corporate & M&A, 2022
- “Julie Wynne is applauded for the expert advice she provides to private clients on wills, probate and estate administration” – Who’s Who Legal, National Leader Private Client, 2022
- “Julie Wynne is knowledgeable about the sector, with a strong professional network as well as innovative ideas and experience” – Legal 500 EMEA, Private Client, 2022
- “She is so friendly, always available, very accessible, passionate and devoted to her work. She has an amazing ability to give quick answers and pragmatic advice” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2022
- “Julie is knowledgeable about the sector, with a strong professional network as well as innovative ideas and experience. She is passionate about her work” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2021
- “Julie has deep knowledge of the space, excellent relationships to all key partners and efficient handling of the matter” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2021
- Julie Wynne of Froriep is a “very talented, able and dedicated practitioner,” according to an interviewee. She assists institutional and individual clients with art law matters, including those involving tax issues. “She’s been amazing on all accounts,” enthuses another commentator, explaining: “She is very knowledgeable, hard-working, prompt and dedicated, client-focused and results-driven” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2020
- Julie Wynne focuses her practice on international estate planning and philanthropy matters for high net worth clients. “Julie is knowledgeable about the sector, with a strong professional network and some innovative ideas about social entrepreneurship and social finance,” comments an interviewee, adding: “She has a direct communication style and is passionate about her work” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2020
- “Julie Wynne is energetic and passionate in that capacity and contributes a great deal to our organisation” – Legal 500 EMEA, Private Client, 2020
Education & Admission
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Cross-Border Estates (2017)
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes (2011)
- STEP Diploma in International Trust Management (2010)
- Admitted to the Bar (2007)
- Universities of Geneva and Zurich, lic.iur.
- University of Geneva, Certificate in Transnational Law
Memberships and public offices
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Geneva Bar Association (OdaGe)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Art Law Foundation (FDA)
“Julie Wynne is energetic and passionate in that capacity and contributes a great deal to our organisation”