Hubert Orso Gilliéron assists his clients in transactional, corporate and antitrust matters. He has extensive experience in managing crisis and complex situations, particularly of corporate sensitive relationships.
His practice includes the drafting and negotiation of all types of complex national and international commercial agreements, including share and asset purchase agreements, distribution and franchise agreements as well as joint venture agreements in various industries, including luxury goods and energy. He represents clients in complex economic administrative proceedings, civil litigation and arbitration proceedings, in particular whenever antitrust issues are at stake. He also acts as trusted advisor for several companies and international organisations.
With a global vision and strategic thinking based on solid legal, economic and financial skills, he brings value through his straightforward, pragmatic and business-oriented approach to the objectives to be achieved.
Active as a business lawyer for 20+ years, Hubert Orso Gilliéron uses his technical and human qualities in executive or strategic positions. He currently sits on the board of directors of various Swiss and European companies in which he is actively involved.
Rankings & Awards
- Hubert Orso Gilliéron has shown “strategic thinking, strong communication, technical expertise, dedication and commitment” – Legal 500 EMEA, Commercial, Corporate & M&A, 2022
- Hubert Orso-Gilliéron is recommended in Legal 500 EMEA, Competition, 2022
- Hubert Orso Gilliéron is ranked by Leaders League in Competition Litigation, Switzerland 2022
- “Hubert Orso Gilliéron possesses deep competition expertise and stands out for his transactional and compliance know-how” – Who’s Who Legal, National Leader Competition, 2022
- “The outstanding Hubert Orso Gilliéron is noted for his deep expertise in competition issues arising from high-value M&A transactions” One source comments, “He is my go-to in the Geneva market” – Who’s Who Legal, Switzerland, 2021
Education & Admission
- University of Fribourg, PhD
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (2004)
- University of Lausanne, CAS Business Administration
- University of Lausanne, MLaw
Memberships and public offices
- Swiss Bar Association
- Geneva Bar Association
- Swiss Competition Association (ASAS)
- Swiss Board Forum
- International Distribution Institute (IDI)
- Association of International Business Lawyers (AIBL)
- Association Genevoise du Droit des Affaires (AGDA)
- Groupement des Jeunes Dirigeants d’Entreprise (GJD)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- The Legal 500 Country Comparative Guides 2022 – Switzerland: Merger Control | 11.10.2022
- Arbitration and Competition – A Swiss Perspective, CPI Antitrust Chronicles | 09.07.2019
- Guide de la transmission d’entreprise, FER Geneva, in partnership with JCI and the State of Geneva | 05.04.2017
- Conformité au droit de la concurrence, Centre Patronal and FER Geneva | 10.07.2014
Hubert Orso Gilliéron is ranked by Leaders League in Competition Litigation, Switzerland 2022
- Hubert Orso Gilliéron
- Denis Cherpillod