Philipp Falk is a senior associate in the Corporate and M&A team of MLL Legal, based in the Zurich office. His main areas of practice include Corporate and Commercial Law, Mergers & Acquisitions and Real Estate & Construction.
Philipp already worked in the MLL Legal Zurich offices as a junior associate with a focus on corporate law and litigation. He is fluent in German, English, French and Spanish.
Deals & Cases
- MLL Legal advised SKP Investments SICAV, Teilfond MW Storage Fund with regard to its investment as an anchor investor into a 200 MWh battery storage power plant in Arzberg, Germany. A joint project of MW Storage Fund together with Reichmuth & Co Infrastructure, as majority shareholder, and Bayernwerk AG and Zukunftsenergie Nordostbayern GmbH.
The battery storage power plant in Arzberg/Germany has a connection capacity of 100 MWh and a storage capacity of 200 MWh. This makes it one of the largest installations currently planned in Germany. With the construction of the plant in Arzberg, the project partners are financing an important infrastructure for the energy transition, as the realisation of the energy transition requires not only the expansion of renewable energies but also a significant expansion of storage capacities. The entire battery storage power plant is expected to be completed and operational by early 2025.
- Advised the owners of cargopack group ag with regard to the sale of the company and its subsidiaries to Nefab AB, Sweden
- Advised Polygon Schweiz AG, part of the Polygon group with the acquisition of the Odermatt group
- Advised Crest Rock Partners, a Denver-based private equity fund, on a transaction that led to a strategic growth investment in Pitcher AG
- Advised Swiss KMU Partners AG and SIC Group AG with regard to its investment in Sauter, Bachmann AG, a company engaged in developing and producing high-precision gears and gearboxes for Swiss and international clients in the aerospace and industrial segment
- Advised Zalando SE, Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, in the acquisition of Zurich based start-up Fision AG
- Advised Shinsegae International, South-Korea, in its acquisition of a group of Swiss based companies active in the luxury cosmetic industry
- Representation of WEPA SE, Germany, a family business operating throughout Europe which offers sustainable and innovative hygiene solutions, who is one of the largest European manufacturers and leads the market in the production of hygiene paper from recycled fibres with regard to its M&A activities in DACH region. MLL supported WEPA with regard to the due diligence process, the preparation and negotiations of transaction agreements (such as share purchase agreements, transitional services agreement, manufacturing agreement), the analysis of merger control filing obligations and the preparation of filings under special national real estate provisions
Education & Admission
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (2018)
- University of Berne, MLaw (2015)
- University of Geneva, Bachelor in International Relations (2011)