Matthias Leemann is a senior associate in MLL Legal’s dispute resolution group in Zurich. His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border litigation as well as international and domestic arbitration. He advises and represents Swiss and international individuals and entities before all Swiss courts and authorities. Matthias Leemann is also a member of the firm’s employment law and social security group and advises clients in general contract and commercial law. He is fluent in German, English, Spanish and French.
Matthias Leemann obtained a master degree in law from the University of Zurich in 2014. Before joining MLL Legal, he gained experience in two business law firms based in Zurich and served as a law clerk at the District Court of Zurich.
Deals & Cases
- Representing a manufacturer of orthopedic implants in ICC arbitration proceedings regarding a dispute arising out of an agreement for the supply of medical devices
- Advising and representing an internationally renowned Swiss private bank in a bonus dispute in front of the Federal Supreme Court
- Advised ASX listed Bigtincan Holdings Limited on the acquisition of Vidinoti SA, a Swiss leader in the area of augmented reality
- Counsel in an ICC arbitration regarding a dispute arising out of a consortium agreement entered into in view of the construction of a power plant in Saudi Arabia
Education & Admission
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (2018)
- University of Zurich, MLaw (2014)
Memberships and public offices
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)