Ülkü Cibik is a member of the firm’s banking & finance team. Her practice focuses on financial markets and banking law as well as corporate and commercial law.
Ülkü Cibik has particular expertise and broad experience in the area of structured products and derivatives (documentation, issuance, listing and registration). She is an authorised issuer representative at the SIX Swiss Exchange AG. Ülkü Cibik advises both domestic and international issuers with regard to the issuance and listing of structured products as well as the regulation and distribution of structured products. She is MLL Legal’s delegate to the Swiss Structured Products Association (SSPA). Further, Ülkü Cibik is mandated personally by the SSPA to act as legal advisor and supports the Legal and Regulations division of the association.
Furthermore, her areas of expertise include investment funds and bond offerings, syndicated debt and structured financing and she also advises clients in Islamic finance transactions. In addition, Ülkü Cibik regularly provides advice on regulatory matters and works on crypto-currency related projects.
Ülkü Cibik set up and heads the Turkey desk based in Zurich. She speaks fluent Turkish and is a member of the Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Turkey. Ülkü Cibik also worked as a foreign associate (for six months) in a leading Turkish law firm in Istanbul where she broadened her network in the Turkish market, in which she maintains excellent relationships with Turkish lawyers and important Turkish business people. She advises Turkish clients on a regular basis with regard to their Swiss-Turkey related operations and transactions.
Rankings & Awards
- “Banking specialist Ülkü Cibik is distinguished for her sweeping knowledge of technological developments and experience of crypto-currency-related projects” – Who’s Who Legal, Blockchain, 2021
- “Very positive can do attitude – she is in control and gets things done; good listener – tries to understand client needs, asks the right questions to determine the best course of action” – IFLR 1000, 2021-22
- “Good expert knowledge; professional; involves all participants; listens well and implements what is discussed” – IFLR 1000, 2021-22
Education & Admission
- University of Zurich, lic.iur. (2006)
Memberships and public offices
- Member of the Expert Jury of the Swiss Derivative Awards
- Member of the Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Turkey
- Recognized expert for the listing of structured products and derivatives on the SIX Swiss Exchange
- Member of the Swiss Structured Products Association (SVSP)
- «Steuern und Strukturierte Produkte im aktuellen Zinsumfeld.» | 09.10.2023
- Strukturierte Produkte und Derivate für Pensionskassen | 19.06.2023
- Strukturierte Produkte – Auszeichnungen Swiss Derivative Awards 2022 | 21.04.2022
- FIDLEG ist umgesetzt – steht das nächste bürokratische Monster vor der Tür? | 08.02.2022
“Good expert knowledge; professional; involves all participants; listens well and implements what is discussed”