T +41 58 552 03 84
Ülkü Cibik is a member of the firm’s banking & finance team. Her practice focuses on financial markets and banking law as well as corporate and commercial law.
Ülkü Cibik has particular expertise and broad experience in the area of structured products and derivatives (documentation, issuance, listing and registration). She is an authorised issuer representative at the SIX Swiss Exchange AG. Ülkü Cibik advises both domestic and international issuers with regard to the issuance and listing of structured products as well as the regulation and distribution of structured products. She is MLL Legal’s delegate to the Swiss Structured Products Association (SSPA). Further, Ülkü Cibik is mandated personally by the SSPA to act as legal advisor and supports the Legal and Regulations division of the association.
Furthermore, her areas of expertise include investment funds and bond offerings, syndicated debt and structured financing and she also advises clients in Islamic finance transactions. In addition, Ülkü Cibik regularly provides advice on regulatory matters and works on crypto-currency related projects.
Ülkü Cibik set up and heads the Turkey desk based in Zurich. She speaks fluent Turkish and is a member of the Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Turkey. Ülkü Cibik also worked as a foreign associate (for six months) in a leading Turkish law firm in Istanbul where she broadened her network in the Turkish market, in which she maintains excellent relationships with Turkish lawyers and important Turkish business people. She advises Turkish clients on a regular basis with regard to their Swiss-Turkey related operations and transactions.
Rankings & Awards
- “Banking specialist Ülkü Cibik is distinguished for her sweeping knowledge of technological developments and experience of crypto-currency-related projects” – Who’s Who Legal, Blockchain, 2021
- “Very positive can do attitude – she is in control and gets things done; good listener – tries to understand client needs, asks the right questions to determine the best course of action” – IFLR 1000, 2021-22
- “Good expert knowledge; professional; involves all participants; listens well and implements what is discussed” – IFLR 1000, 2021-22
Education & Admission
- University of Zurich, lic.iur. (2006)
Memberships and public offices
- Member of the Expert Jury of the Swiss Derivative Awards
- Member of the Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Turkey
- Recognized expert for the listing of structured products and derivatives on the SIX Swiss Exchange
- Member of the Swiss Structured Products Association (SVSP)
- Strukturierte Produkte – Auszeichnungen Swiss Derivative Awards 2022 | 21.04.2022
- FIDLEG ist umgesetzt – steht das nächste bürokratische Monster vor der Tür? | 08.02.2022
- Die Welt der Strukturierten Produkte – Das Buch zur SSPA Swiss Derivative Map (Beitrag zu rechtlichen Aspekte) | 17.05.2021
- Ein Jahr FIDLEG – Wo stehen wir? | 10.02.2021
Find all publications by Ülkü Cibik on our website mll-legal.com.
“Very positive can do attitude
Strukturierte Produkte – Auszeichnungen Swiss Derivative Awards 2022Ülkü Cibik erwähnt für Ihre Jury-Rolle bei der Swiss Derivative Awards 2022, Finanz und Wirtschaft, 11 April 2022
- Ülkü Cibik
- SIX Sponsored Blogs
FIDLEG ist umgesetzt – steht das nächste bürokratische Monster vor der Tür?payoff, Schweizer Jahrbuch für Strukturierte Produkte 2022, S. 42-47, 8. Februar 2022
Die Welt der Strukturierten Produkte – Das Buch zur SSPA Swiss Derivative Map (Beitrag zu rechtlichen Aspekte)Einleitung zum Buch, Die Welt der Strukturierten Produkte – Das Buch zur SSPA Swiss Derivative Map, 17. Mai 2021
Ein Jahr FIDLEG – Wo stehen wir?Schweizer Jahrbuch für Strukturierte Produkte 2021, S. 48-53, 10. Februar 2021
Ülkü Cibik is one of the 30 most important people in the Swiss market for Structured Products
Jury member Ülkü Cibik participates in the Swiss Derivative Awards ceremony 2022 in Zurich
Ülkü Cibik is one of the 30 most important people in the Swiss market for structured products
Ülkü Cibik gehört zu den 30 wichtigsten Köpfen im Schweizer Markt für Strukturierte Produkte
MLL’s lawyers listed in Who’s Who Legal FinTech & Blockchain 2021
Main features of the report of the Federal Council on the amendment of the Anti-Money Laundering Act
In December 2016, the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) published its fourth country report on Switzerland after reviewing and evaluating Switzerland’s anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing system. In its report, the FATF concluded that Switzerland’s defense mechanism can be classified as good overall, even though the Swiss financial sector is exposed to a high risk, particularly with regard to money laundering. However, the FATF also identified specific weaknesses and made corresponding recommendations. The Federal Council subsequently instructed the Federal Department of Finance to prepare a consultation draft that takes into account the results of the FATF country report and enhances the integrity of the Swiss financial center. The consultation process ended on 21 September 2018. On 26 June 2019, the Federal Council published its report on the amendment of the Anti-Money Laundering Act for the attention of Parliament, taking into account the responses received during the consultation phase. In the following, the main features of the draft law will be summarized and explained.More