Thomas Nabholz, lic. oec. HSG
Partner/Certified Tax Expert, Zurich
T +41 58 552 06 40
Thomas Nabholz is Co-Head of MLL Legal’s tax practice group. He joined the firm as a partner in October 2019 with 14 years’ worth of experience in corporate tax consulting at a Big Four firm where he co-headed the Swiss Financial Services International Tax and Transaction Tax Services practice. In addition, Thomas Nabholz worked 6 years with a small accounting firm where he advised private and corporate clients in tax matters, including medium and long term assignments to the tax departments of Swiss Re, UBS, and Swarovski. He has led the tax workstreams of many multi-disciplinary international engagements in the areas of corporate restructurings and M&A.
He is fluent in German, English, and French.
Rankings & Awards
- “Thomas Nabholz is very proficient in tax law. Very supportive, quick analyser, straight to the point. Extremely helpful” – Legal 500 EMEA, Tax, 2022
- “Thomas Nabholz: Solid industry and tax knowledge, excellent drive on delivery, highly client-oriented approach” – Legal 500 EMEA, Tax, 2022
Deals & Cases
- Advised Apollo Global Asset Management concerning the acquisition of Credit Suisse’s Securitized Products
- Advised the Swiss-based Lakeward Group on the sale of a portfolio of real estate assets in Berlin to CBRE Investment Management
- Advised 3 private sellers in M&A transaction regarding the sale of Elpro Group to Bosch
- Advised TVS Motor Company, a global automotive manufacturer company, in the acquisition of a majority stake in the Swiss company the GO corporation and its e-bike brand EGO Movement
- Advised the Dutch private equity firm Nimbus in the acquisition of the Swiss based Stratex SA
- Advised the private sellers of ancosys GmbH, a globally leading provider of chemical analysis and metrology solutions for advanced semiconductor manufacturing, on the sale of the company to Nova Ltd, which is dual-listed at Nasdaq (NVMI) and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (NOVA)
- Advised Müller-Steinag group on the acquisition of Creabeton Matériaux Ltd. Müller-Steinag is an owner-managed, independent family enterprise with around 1,150 staff members and activities in the areas of concrete products, natural construction materials, recycling, waste management and water technology. Creabeton Matériaux is a leading manufacturer of pre-fabricated concrete products in the French part of Switzerland, with four important production facilities and approx. 380 staff members
- Advised the sole shareholder on the sale of ABC Dental AG to ADMETOS GmbH
- Advised Sun Chemical Group Coöperatief U.A., a member of the listed DIC Group, in the acquisition of all shares of Sensient Imaging Technologies SA, a supplier of high quality digital inks, and certain other international assets related to the production of inks held by several affiliates of the target’s shareholder, Sensient Technologies Corporation
Education & Admission
- Swiss certified tax expert (2004)
- University of St Gallen, masters degree in Economics and Business Administration (lic. oec. HSG) (1999)
Memberships and public offices
Find all publications by Thomas Nabholz on our website mll-legal.com.
“Thomas Nabholz is very proficient in tax law. Very supportive, quick analyser, straight to the point. Extremely helpful”