Michael Schüepp supports the firm’s ICT & Digital group as an associate. He has wide-ranging experience in legal matters regarding the design and implementation of internet and e-commerce activities.
Michael has been supporting and working with Lukas Bühlmann as a legal and scientific assistant since 2009 and as a junior associate since March 2013. He has particular experience in the areas of data protection law, consumer protection law, competition and distribution law and advertising law and is the author of several publications in these areas.
Michael Schüepp is also a lecturer in e-commerce law at the University of Applied Sciences in Business Administration Zurich (HWZ). He is fluent in German, English and French.
Rankings & Awards
Deals & Cases
- Advising various public transport companies on digitalization issues, in particular data sharing
- Advising one of the largest hospitals in Switzerland on the implementation of the GDPR and the design of its websites and platforms
- Advising a manufacturer of leisure products on the design and implementation of a retailer platform in Switzerland
- Advising various Swiss companies on the implementation of the EU’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Advising a manufacturer of luxury products on the design and implementation of an online shop in German-speaking countries
Education & Admission
- Admitted to the Bar in Switzerland (2018)
- University of Lucerne, MLaw (2013)
- University of Lausanne, Mobility Semesters (2011–2012)
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences, BSc in Business Law (2009)
- University Paris-Dauphine, Exchange Semester(2008)
Memberships and public offices
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
Im Auftrag von Interpharma – Verband der forschenden pharmazeutischen Firmen der Schweiz, Gutachten Sekundärnutzung Gesundheitsdaten, Zürich, 26. Juli 2022
Chambers & Partners, Global Practice Guides, Advertising & Marketing 2021, 26 October 2021
Jusletter, 15. März 2021
Rechtsgutachten für Interpharma zur Schweizer Gesetzgebung über die Weiterverwendung von Gesundheitsdaten in der Schweiz
Legal Opinion for Interpharma on the Swiss Legislation on the Secondary use of health data in Switzerland
Brave New Swiss Competition Law World? A Critical View on the Federal Supreme Court’s ”Elmex”-Toothpaste Decisions
Totalrevision des Datenschutzrechts – Interview mit Lukas Bühlmann in der Werbewoche
Rückblick Webinar 2016: „IP im Online-Shop – woran muss ich denken?“
Competition Commission has to re-assess the case Hallenstadion/Ticketcorner
The Federal Administrative Court annulled the decision of the Swiss Competition Commission (COMCO) to close the investigation in the case Ticketcorner/Hallenstadion and handed the matter down for re-assessment. With its judgement, the Federal Administrative Court commits itself to effective judicial control. In doing so, not only evident horizontal and vertical agreements are under competition law scrutiny but all entrepreneurial forms of cooperation with possible impacts on competition. It also tends to narrow market definitions.More