Maud Udry-Alhanko, LL.M., TEP
T +41 58 552 04 50
Maud Udry-Alhanko is partner in the private client group of our firm, which she joined in 2008 as an associate. Holder of an LL.M. from Duke University (2005), she is admitted to the New York Bar (2006) and the Swiss Bar (2008).
Qualified by the Swiss Bar Association as a Certified Specialist SBA Family law, Maud Udry-Alhanko has considerable experience in this field with an emphasis on divorce and estate issues, most often with a very strong international component. She also advises entrepreneurs and affluent clients in their relocation to Switzerland, often involving complex cross border aspects, in particular with regard to immigration, real estate matters, fiscal affairs and to art law.
Maud Udry-Alhanko is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). She also regularly advises Swiss charitable foundations, sitting on the board of several foundations.
Rankings & Awards
- “Maud Udry-Alhanko and Serge Calame – always a pleasure to work with. Quick to respond, excellent technical knowledge and we know our clients will be looked after by like minded professionals. Also, both are very affable” – Legal 500 EMEA, Private Client, 2023
- “She has a calm demeanour which appeals to clients and integrates immediately as part of a wider advisory team. She is a pleasure to work with” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2022
- “Maud is an outstanding professional with sophisticated international matrimonial and succession planning knowledge” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2022
- “Maud Udry-Alhanko is identified as a true private client specialist who is excellent at what she does particularly when it comes to family and divorce matters” – Who’s Who Legal, Thought Leaders Private Client, 2021
- “Maud is a truly excellent lawyer” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2021
- “Very good in private international law matters and family work” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2021
- “Maud provides private client advice in a modern and commercial way, which is a real benefit to clients” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2021
- “She is really good, really dynamic. She is really someone you can rely on” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2020
- “She is a litigator and knows how to fight, but she brings an elegance. She puts down markers with a real panache” – Chambers and Partners, HNW, 2020
- “Maud Udry-Alhanko is highly knowledgable in family law matters with an extensive understanding of foreign legal systems, and local mindsets” – Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
Education & Admission
- Certified Specialist SBA Family Law (2018)
- STEP Foundation Certificate and Diploma in International Trust Management (2011)
- Admitted to the Bar in Switzerland (2008)
- Admitted to the Bar in New York (2006)
- Duke University School of Law, LL.M. (2004–2005)
- University of Geneva, lic. iur. (2004)
Memberships and public offices
- Geneva Bar Association (OdaGe)
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Swedish-Swiss Chamber of Commerce (SSCC)
- Art-Law Foundation / Geneva Art-Law Center (FDA)
Find all publications by Maud Udry-Alhanko on our website mll-legal.com.
“Maud Udry-Alhanko is identified as a true private client specialist who is excellent at what she does particularly when it comes to family and divorce matters”