Tax Associate, Zurich
T +41 58 552 06 14
Thaís Obrist-Bdine is a Brazilian lawyer with a master’s degree in Switzerland. She practices tax law and is part of our Private Clients team. Thaís Obrist-Bdine advises individuals and companies on issues related to national and international taxation. Her practice also focuses on estate and wealth planning for Swiss and foreign private clients, in particular for clients from Latin America. Before joining MLL Legal, Thaís Obrist-Bdine worked for a leading business law firm in São Paulo.
She is fluent in German, English, French and Portuguese. She also has a basic understanding of Spanish.
Deals & Cases
- Advised a client regarding the restructuring of family holdings and migration to Switzerland under the lump-sum taxation regime, which included coordinating strategy with foreign lawyers, implementing an international holding structure, drafting the tax ruling and obtaining Swiss residence permits
- Represented a Swiss resident regarding the taxation of various trusts held by the client abroad, which included drafting a tax ruling and negotiating with the involved authorities
- Advised a Swiss heir in a complex inheritance matter involving real estate held by the testator and his widow in Brazil, which included negotiating with Brazilian lawyers as well as drafting legal opinions based both on Swiss and Brazilian civil and private international law
Education & Admission
- University of Zurich, Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in International Tax Law (2022)
- University of Lucerne, MLaw (2017)
- University Paris 1 – Panthéon-Sorbonne, MLaw (2012)
- University of São Paulo, lic.iur. (2010)
Memberships and public offices
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
Find all publications by Thaís Obrist-Bdine on our website mll-legal.com.
通过“缴纳财政贡献税计划”实现全家迁居瑞士梦想MLL Family Relocation to Switzerland under Lump-Sum Taxation Presentation, December 2019
Family Relocation to Switzerland under Lump-Sum TaxationMLL Family Relocation to Switzerland under Lump-Sum Taxation Presentation, December 2019
Swiss Corporate Tax ReformMLL News, June 2019
Swiss Corporate Tax Reform
On 19 May 2019, with a majority of 66.4%, Switzerland approved the Federal Act on Tax Reform and AHV Financing (Tax Reform). Main goal of the Tax Reform is to abolish certain criticized tax features which will be replaced by internationally accepted tax regimes. Thereby Switzerland will remain attractive as a business location and will secure a reasonable amount of tax revenues. The new rules bring considerable changes to the Swiss tax landscape and shall enter into force on 1 January 2020.More