Mimoza Ademaj is a senior associate in the litigation and arbitration group at MLL Legal in Zurich. She advises and represents clients in national and international disputes before Swiss authorities as well as national and international arbitral tribunals in the fields of tenancy law, contract law, insolvency law, inheritance law and labour law. She speaks fluent German and English and has good knowledge of French.
Mimoza Ademaj was admitted to the bar in Switzerland in 2018. She obtained her Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from the University of Fribourg during which she spend one academic year as a student at the University of Southampton (UK).
Before joining MLL Legal in 2020, Mimoza Ademaj worked for two years as a lawyer in a leading commercial law firm in Zurich and two years as a court clerk at the District Court of Meilen. In her capacity as court clerk, she also chaired of the conciliation authority in rental matters for the district of Meilen.
Education & Admission
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (2018)
- University of Fribourg, MLaw (2013)
- University of Southampton, Exchange year (2010-2011)
Memberships and public offices
- Representing an Icelandic subcontractor before the Commerical Court of the Canton of Zurich in a dispute regarding contractual currency exchange and payment modalities
- Representing an international investment fund regarding a claim for director’s liability in the amount of USD 26 million before the Swiss Federal Supreme Court
- International Arbitration: Switzerland’s Revised International Arbitration Law as of 1 January 2021 | 13.01.2021
- Internationale Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit: Das revidierte Schiedsgerichtsrecht der Schweiz ab dem 1. Januar 2021 | 14.12.2020
- Federal Supreme Court: No Legal Basis for Conducting the Main Hearing via Video Conference in Civil Proceedings Without the Parties’ Consent | 14.10.2020
- Bundesgericht: Keine gesetzliche Grundlage zur Durchführung der Hauptverhandlung via Videokonferenz in Zivilprozessen ohne Zustimmung der Parteien | 27.08.2020