Marc Baumberger, LL.M.
T +41 58 552 00 97
Marc Baumberger is a member of the firm’s Corporate & M&A department. He advises privately held and listed companies on all types of transactions and corporate matters. He focuses on advising on cases with cross-border elements and on broad range matters for foreign investors and his particular experience includes investments by domestic and foreign private equity firms in Switzerland.
Marc Baumberger was admitted to the bar in Switzerland in 2017. He holds a degree from the University of Lucerne law school and a master’s degree from Columbia Law School (Columbia University in the City of New York).
He speaks German, English, French and Italian fluently.
Deals & Cases
- Advised the owners of cargopack group ag with regard to the sale of the company and its subsidiaries to Nefab AB, Sweden
- Advised Verlinvest, a global growth equity investor that backs category-defining consumer brands, in its investment in Sinomedica, a leading Swiss group of acupuncture centres
- Advised Crest Rock Partners, a Denver-based private equity fund, on a transaction that led to a strategic growth investment in Pitcher AG
- Advised Labster, the world’s leading platform for virtual labs and interactive science, on the acquisition of UbiSim, the virtual reality training platform for nursing
- Advised the Swiss-based Lakeward Group on the sale of a portfolio of real estate assets in Berlin to CBRE Investment Management
- Advised Capital Transmission in the acquisition of a minority stake in Ascend Sport Technology, and its brands AIM Sport
- Advised a large Grid Company in the acquisition of several network locations
- Supported a global engineering, planning and consulting firm in a global restructuring
- Assisted a U.S. company in acquiring a controlling interests in a Swiss technology company which is developing world-leading electric car technology
Education & Admission
- Columbia University in the City of New York, LL.M. (2021)
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (2017)
- University of Lucerne, MLaw (2012)
- Kinston University London, Erasmus (2012)
- University of Lucerne, BLaw (2010)
Memberships and public offices
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Member of the “Young SECA” (Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association)
- Member of the Pioneers’ Club (PCU)
- Switzerland to introduce foreign direct investment legislation: overview | 25.01.2023
- Technology M&A 2023 Switzerland – Trends and Developments | 18.01.2023
- The capital band – a new and flexible instrument in Switzerland | 04.10.2021
- Das Kapitalband – ein neues und flexibles Instrument für die Schweiz | 04.10.2021
Find all publications by Marc Baumberger on our website mll-legal.com.