Aviation, Aerospace and Shipping
We are one of the very few firms in Switzerland to offer all types of aviation-related work. The MLL aviation team is considered to be one of the leading Swiss practices in international financing and leasing transactions for commercial and private aircraft acting for financial institutions, manufacturers, lessors/owners and operators.
- We advise clients on sale and purchase of aircraft and engines, including portfolios, as well as on leasing, registration, security interest, regulatory and import and tax matters, in particular VAT.
- We have long-standing experience in airline insolvencies, repossessions and restructurings, and the loss of aircraft, having worked on the majority of high-profile workouts in the Swiss industry over the years. On the contentious side, we represent the interests of the parties involved, including victims.
- Our shipping practice assists lenders in commercial ship finance transactions involving Swiss registered ships navigating on Swiss rivers and also acts on behalf of owners, having assisted in the creation or development of a number of large players in the industry. We advise clients on joint ventures and holding structures, and have also acted on behalf of owners in new building disputes, especially in arbitration. Leasing and sale and purchase transactions are dealt with by our experienced team of lawyers with the support of local correspondents in the relevant jurisdictions.
- We also advise our clients on yacht sale and purchases as well as yacht financing agreements.
- Switzerland is the world’s leading place for the development of drone technology and certain high-end applications and has a pioneering role in drone traffic management. We have contacts in the Federal Office of Civil Aviation FOCA and advise players in the unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) market as well as manned and unmanned VTOLs on various issues such as corporate and commercial, intellectual property, data protection and procurement.