Leonardo Ohlrogge is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution Team in Zurich and acts as counsel and arbitrator in domestic and international arbitration proceedings.
Prior to joining MLL Legal, Leonardo Ohlrogge worked in the arbitration departments of top-tier law firms in Frankfurt, London and Geneva. He also regularly speaks at conferences and publishes on international arbitration.
Regarding his education, Leonardo Ohlrogge holds a Ph.D. from the University of St. Gallen and an LL.M. from the University of Frankfurt. During his undergraduate studies in Brazil, he spent three semesters as an exchange student at the University of Freiburg (Germany).
Leonardo was admitted to the Brazilian bar in 2011, to the Portuguese bar in 2019 and to the Swiss bar (EU/EFTA List) in 2021.
He is fluent in Portuguese, English and German and holds both Brazilian and German citizenships.
Education & Admission
- University of St. Gallen, Dr. iur. (2018)
- University of Frankfurt, LL.M. (2014)
- Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, lic. iur. (2011)
- University of Freiburg im Breisgau (2008–2009)
Memberships and public offices
- Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- Swiss Arbitration Association’s Young Practitioners Group (ASA Below 40)
- Young Arbitrators Forum of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC YAF)
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- Deutsche Initiative junger Schiedsrechtler (DIS40)
- Young ICCA