Dunja Koch has expertise in all aspects of corporate and finance law, advising mainly UK and US clients with regard to Switzerland. She is the managing partner of the London office.
She regularly works on corporate and M&A deals, as well as leveraged and acquisition finance transactions, but also project, commodity and asset finance matters, including aircraft finance. Here, she acts on behalf of aircraft manufacturers, banks and leasing companies in relation to the Swiss aspects of acquisition of aircraft and engines.
Her practice further covers regulatory matters, where she advises asset managers, funds, securities dealers and other financial institutions in relation to their cross-border activities in Switzerland.
Rankings & Awards
- “Dunja Koch is super knowledgeable and balances well the ever-present challenge of providing detailed legal advice in light of the commercial objectives of the client. She is always responsive and available to assist” – Legal 500 EMEA, Banking and Finance: Zurich, 2023
- “We are happy with her level of service, responsiveness and knowledge of the investment funds and Swiss marketing rules practice area” – Chambers and Partners Global, Investment Funds, 2023
- “London-based Dunja Koch boasts broad regulatory and asset management expertise. She is dual-qualified in the UK and Switzerland” – Chambers and Partners, Investment Funds, 2022
- “Dunja Koch is their go-to person for ship finance matters. She is very responsive and gets deals done” – Legal 500 EMEA, Transport, 2022
- “Dunja Koch is particularly responsive and knowledgeable about the Swiss regulatory regime” – Chambers and Partners Global, Investment Funds, 2021
- “It was a real pleasure to work with Dunja. We really appreciate the pragmatic and sound legal advice she gave us and also her availability and swift responses against our, sometimes, challenging deadlines. As EIB’s requirements and contractual standards are different in certain aspects from the commercial banks, we particularly appreciated that Dunja understood these differences very quickly and provided us tailor-made advice which fits best our needs” – IFLR1000, 2020
- “Very friendly and professional approach” – IFLR1000, 2020
- “She is very knowledgeable in what she is doing and has a very good insight into the practical aspects of a transaction” – IFLR 1000, 2021
- “Responsive, helpful and working above and beyond to assist in closing out transactions” – Legal 500 EMEA, Aviation, 2020
- Dunja Koch is highlighted by clients for her broad regulatory and asset management expertise. Sources describe her as someone who has “excellent technical knowledge and keeps abreast of regulatory developments, but also has the ability to provide practical guidance.” Another interviewee confirms: “Dunja Koch is particularly responsive and knowledgeable about the Swiss regulatory regime” – Chambers and Partners Global, 2020
- “The aviation team of Froriep led by Dunja Koch is one of the top two aviation teams in Switzerland. Koch has excellent knowledge and a great network within the Swiss authorities and the Swiss aviation sector. In particular her pragmatic approach is great and it is always a pleasure to work with her” – Legal 500 EMEA, Aviation, 2020
- Clients highlight that she has “extensive legal knowledge, and is pragmatic, focused and very easy to communicate with” – Chambers and Partners Global, 2020
Education & Admission
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales (1999)
- University of Queen Mary London, LL.M.
- Admitted to the Bar in Switzerland (1997)
- University of Zurich, lic.iur.
Memberships and public offices
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Swiss Air & Space Association (ASDA)
- Aviation Club of the UK
- Private Equity, Jurisdictional Comparisons, Chapter on Switzerland, in: Charles Martin / Simon Perry, Private Equity, 2018, Jurisdictional Comparisons, Chapter on Switzerland, p. 253-274 | 27.11.2018
- Selected issues of Swiss Law in Finance Transactions, FRORIEP Banking & Finance Briefing | 08.02.2018
- The amended Swiss Collective Investment Schemes Act (CISA) came into force on 1 March 2013. Many issues have been discussed in the market and brought to the attention of the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA). COO Connect Guide to AIFMD, August 2014 | 18.09.2014
- Clawback on bonuses, The Lawyer, 21 April 2014 | 23.04.2014
“Very friendly and professional approach”