Diana Lafita is a specialist in financial market regulations. She is a member of the firm’s banking and finance team and of the DLT/Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies industry group. She has a broad experience advising banks, financial institutions, funds, insurance companies and other financial service providers in financial regulatory matters.
Diana Lafita represents domestic and international clients in licensing proceedings before the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA), advises clients on regulatory aspects of corporate and finance transactions and on fund/asset management structures and issues financial regulatory assessments to business models in the financial sector.
Diana Lafita has over eight years’ experience as a lawyer at leading local and international law firms in Zurich.
Deals & Cases
- Advised on the regulatory aspects of M&A activity of banks and insurance companies
- Advised on the regulatory aspects of fundraising activity, including fund structuring, marketing and on-going compliance
- Assisted clients with the granting of a license as an insurer
- Assisted financial service providers with the registration as client advisor
- Advised on a broad range of financial transactions, especially the issuance of listed and non-listed bonds, covered bonds and contingent convertible bonds in Switzerland
- Advised clients in proceedings against AML self-regulatory organizations
- Advised on a broad range of regulatory compliance matters
- Advised on financial regulatory investigations of Swiss banks
Education & Admission
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (2011)
- University of Zurich, LL.M. International Business Law, specialization in banking, capital markets and insurance law
- ESADE: Universitat Ramon Llull (Barcelona), Law and Business School, MLaw (2005)
Memberships and public offices
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)