Sabina Schellenberg is an experienced litigator and represents domestic and foreign companies and individuals in commercial disputes before state courts of all instances and in enforcement and legal assistance matters.
She is also a specialist in the fields of directors’ and officers’ liability law and national and international restructuring and insolvency law.
Prior to joining MLL Legal as an associate in 2009 and becoming a partner in 2016, she was with the restructuring and insolvency department of a leading audit firm in Zurich and Basel and worked as a law clerk at the District Court of Zurich.
Rankings & Awards
- Sabina Schellenberg “has a good understanding of the law and a good eye for business-effective answers” – Chambers and Partners Europe, Insolvency & Restructuring, 2022
- Sabina Schellenberg is recommended in The Legal 500 EMEA, Litigation, 2022
- “Sabina Schellenberg is very pleasant to work with on a regular basis. The coordination is fast, reliable and at the highest level” – Legal 500 EMEA, Insolvency and Corporate Recovery, 2022
- Sabina Schellenberg often acts on insolvency-related claims, with further activity advising distressed businesses. One source remarks: “I was impressed about the manner in which she was able to translate a highly complicated matter into understandable advice.” – Chambers and Partners Europe, Insolvency & Restructuring, 2021
- “Sabina Schellenberg is very knowledgeable and has a practical approach to handling difficult legal situations for clients in financial stress. The combination of her professional and personal way of working together stands out.” – Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
Education & Admission
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (2006)
- University of Zurich, lic.iur.
Memberships and public offices
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- INSOL Europe
- INSOL Europe Council
- Swiss Association for Debt Enforcement and Insolvency Law (SCHkG)
- Member of the Bar Examination Commission of the Canton of Zurich
- The New Swiss International Insolvency Law, International Corporate Rescue, Volume 16, Issue 6 | 18.12.2019
- Debt Restructuring and Bankruptcy Proceedings under Swiss Law: When the Court Decides in the Company’s or Creditors’ Stead, International Corporate Rescue, Volume 14 – Issue 5 | 05.01.2018
- The fine line between debt restructuring and bankruptcy proceedings, ILO – International Law Office | 03.03.2017
- Statute of limitation will apply to claims confirmed in loss certificates older than 20 years, ILO – International Law Office | 09.12.2016
Sabina Schellenberg often acts on insolvency-related claims, with further activity advising distressed businesses. One source remarks: “I was impressed about the manner in which she was able to translate a highly complicated matter into understandable advice.”