Marc Schamaun is a partner of the firm’s Corporate and M&A department. He has broad experience advising domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, in particular M&A, strategic partnerships and investments (joint ventures, venture capital and private equity). His clients include Swiss and foreign listed and non-listed companies with a focus on the technology, healthcare and life science sectors, private equity and venture capital funds, family offices as well as start-up companies and their founders.
He also regularly advises general corporate law, merger law and capital markets law matters, in particular in connection with complex restructurings, as well as real estate transactions.
Marc Schamaun first joined MLL Legal in 2011 early in his legal career. Subsequently, he practised for several years as senior associate at another leading Swiss corporate law firm prior to re-joining MLL Legal in 2023 as a partner.
Deals & Cases
- Advised Yokoy, a Swiss based international provider of a leading all-in-one solution to automate spend management for midsize and enterprise companies through artificial intelligence, in the implementation of its new holding structure parented by Yokoy Holding AG
- Advised a US private equity firm in connection with its offer to acquire a Swiss technology company in the course of an auction
- Advised CDR-Life AG, a Swiss biotechnology company, in connection with its USD 76 million Series A financing
- Advised a biotechnology company on its immigration to Switzerland, in connection with its Series A financing, a strategic acquisition and the introduction of an employee share incentive plan
- Advised a Swiss family office on the acquisition and lease of a hotel as well as in the context of an auction process for the purchase of a commercial property (sale and lease-back)
- Advised Clariant AG (SIX: CLN) on the sale of its masterbatch business to PolyOne Corporation (now Avient Corporation)
- Advised ABB AG (SIX: ABBN) on the spin-off of its power grid business and its sale to a joint venture with Hitachi, Ltd.
- Advised a Swiss family on the acquisition of a Swiss real estate company
- Advised a German private equity firm on the purchase of a medical clinic and several medical practices with sellers’ re-investment
Education & Admission
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, LL.M. (2017)
- Bar admission Switzerland (2014)
- University of Zurich, Dr. iur. (2012)
- University of Lausanne, lic. iur. (2006)
Memberships and public offices
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)