Transfer shares (assignment)
This template provides an assignment declaration for the transfer of shares of a Swiss corporation (Aktiengesellschaft; société anonyme).
If you purchase this template, you will have access for 90 days and create as many documents as you like.
free of charge
Please note that in addition to an assignment, further acts and/or documents are required for a legally valid transfer of shares. In general, the requirements for the transfer of shares can be summarized as follows:
- Valid underlying transaction (e.g. purchase agreement).
- Bearer shares (Inhaberaktien; actions au porteur): Handover of the share certificate representing the shares, or, if no share certificate has been issued, a written assignment in the form of this template.
- Registered shares (Namenaktien; actions nominatives): Handover of the share certificate representing the shares, or, if no share certificate has been issued, a written assignment in the form of this template. If a share certificate has been issued, an endorsement is required, i.e. a written declaration of the transferor, usually on the backside of the share certificate. Such endorsement, however, can also be replaced by an assignment in the form of this template. Further, the transferee must be registered as a shareholder in the share register, and, if the shares are subject to restricted transferability (Vinkulierung; restriction à la transmissibilité des actions liés), the share transfer needs to be approved by the board of directors of the company.
The following items may be individually configured:
- Details of the assignor.
- Details of the assignee.
- Details of the shares to be transferred.
- Details on the effectiveness of the transfer.
- Details on the jurisdiction.
English, German, French