Peter Merz advises both commercial and private clients, and can offer particular expertise and strong connections in Asian markets.
He advises clients in a broad range of industries, including banks, on M&A transactions and on all aspects of commercial law, both contentious and non-contentious. He also advises individuals on their specific private and commercial needs.
Peter Merz has resigned from the partnership, staying of counsel to the firm.
Rankings & Awards
Deals & Cases
- Representation of government as defentdant in arbitration proceedings related to the termination of infrastructure project
- Representation of claimant in arbitration proceedings in connection with agency/brokerage agreement
- Representing client in court proceedings related to a failed subscription
Advising and representing client before in court proceedings in connection with terminated distributorship agreement
- Advising client in connection with collection and restructuring of sovereign debts, thereto related escrow activities
- Advising client restructuring of escrow in connection with sale of debts
- Advising client regarding the sale of its business in the sport equipment market
- Commercial and corporate advice to Swiss client in the CBD market
Education & Admission
- Admitted to the Bar (1983)
- University of Zurich, lic.iur.
Memberships and public offices
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- UIA (Union International des Avocats)