Nicola Staub became Special Counsel with MLL in 2021. In his main function, he leads CYBERA, an international startup company using a platform and technology-based approach to reduce negative effects of cybercrime and online fraud.
Previously, he worked as Public Prosecutor in the field of white-collar crime and cybercrime and led numerous investigations with national and international scope. In this function, Nicola Staub built up his agency’s cybercrime competence center together with the criminal police and represented his district in the so-called Cyberboard, the national cyber coordination taskforce for Swiss law enforcement. He is also a member of the Cybersecurity Committee at Switzerland’s leading organization for the digital economy – digitalswitzerland and supports the NYC-based non-profit Global Cyber Alliance as a global Ambassador.
Nicola Staub was admitted as Attorney-at-law in the Canton of Zurich. He studied in Zurich, Geneva and Chicago (USA), completed his LL.M. in international business law at King’s College in London (UK) and completed various professional training courses in Switzerland and abroad in his field of expertise.
Education & Admission
- National School of the Judiciary, Paris/France, Certificate in Cybercrime (2018)
- University of Lucerne’s National School for Prosecutors, Switzerland, Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in financial crimes (2018)
- Siracusa International Institute, Siracusa/Italy, International Specialization Course for Prosecutors by IAP (2017)
- Winter School UNICRI, Rome/Italy, Certificate in Environmental and organized Crimes December (2016)
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (2015)
- King’s College, London UK, LL.M., International Business | graduated with merits (2013)
- University of Zurich, Master of Law (2012)
- University of Zurich, Bachelor of Law (2011)