Jean-Luc Herbez has an extensive experience in commercial, corporate, banking and securities law. As a partner at the Geneva office, he led the Froriep litigation team, which in 2012 achieved the highest settlement in a Swiss court on a banking matter.
His work includes all the regulatory, finance, audit and litigation aspects of commercial law. He advises domestic and international clients and acts as a director in a limited number of regulated companies.
Jean-Luc Herbez has resigned from the partnership, staying of counsel to the firm.
Rankings & Awards
- Jean-Luc Herbez is featured as a key lawyer in The Legal 500 EMEA, Leading Firms: French-Speaking Switzerland, 2022
Education & Admission
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, LL.M.
- Admitted to the Bar (1978)
- University of Geneva, lic.iur.
- University of Geneva, lic.sc.écon.
Memberships and public offices
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Geneva Bar Association (OdaGe)
- International Association of Lawyers (UIA)
- Update on FATCA Implementation in Switzerland – No Need to Register for Swiss Investment Advisers and Asset Managers?, FRORIEP Banking & Finance Briefing, March 2014 | 17.03.2014
- FATCA Implementation in Switzerland – A General Overview, in: Froriep Renggli Newsletter, April 2013 | 01.04.2013
- Banking Regulation, Global Legal Inside 2013 | 01.01.2013
Jean-Luc Herbez is featured as a key lawyer in The Legal 500 EMEA, Leading Firms: French-Speaking Switzerland, 2022