James F. Reardon’s practice focuses on complex international litigation and arbitration, as well as on a variety of regulatory matters, in particular in the fields of competition law and banking and finance.
Both civil and common law trained, he holds a Doctor of Laws in competition law. A former Special Assistant to the President of the Swiss Competition Commission, James F. Reardon then worked as associate in a global law firm based in Washington D.C., mostly in litigation and arbitration. He focused his work notably on a variety of internal investigations, anti-corruption compliance and competition matters, including competition law compliance and private litigation.
James F. Reardon regularly publishes in his fields of work, particularly in competition, complex litigation and anti-corruption. He also speaks and gives lectures in these areas; as of 2020, he teaches anti-corruption and anti-money laundering as lecturer at the Institute for International Business Law of the Faculty of Law at the University of Fribourg (LL.M. program).
He joined our firm in 2018.
Rankings & Awards
- “Strong and efficient associate: James Reardon. Technical, structured, efficient, organised” – Legal 500 EMEA, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, 2022
Deals & Cases
- Successfully represented a European bank in its negotiation with the Swiss Competition Authorities on alleged wrongdoings on the LIBOR market
- Successfully represented a US company active in the auto industry in a SCAI emergency arbitration against an EU company supplier of certain goods
- Currently representing a US athlete against a sport federation in an appeal against a CAS award before the Swiss Federal Supreme Court
- Currently advising a manufacturer on Swiss war materiel and export control matters
- Successfully defended a jurisdictional award before the Swiss Federal Supreme Court against former partners of a partnership in an ad-hoc arbitration (representation on the merits of the multi-million Swiss franc matter is on-going)
- Currently advising a defense manufacturer on Swiss war materiel and export control matters
- Participated in several worldwide FCPA-related investigations, notably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Investigated potential securities violations under the 1934 Securities Exchange Act
Education & Admission
- Admitted to the bar in Washington, D.C. (2014)
- University of Fribourg, PhD
- Northwestern University, J.D.
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (2008)
- University of Fribourg, MLaw
Memberships and public offices
- Geneva Bar Association (OdaGe)
- International Bar Associaton (IBA)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
“Strong and efficient associate: James Reardon. Technical, structured, efficient, organised”