Jacques Johner is a senior associate lawyer in both MLL Legal’s Real Estate and Dispute Resolution teams in Geneva and Lausanne. His practice includes real estate, construction law, land and use planning law, as well as public procurement law and other aspects of public law. He is also a member of the competition and distribution practice group.
Jacques Johner holds a Certificate of Advanced Studies in Legal Professions (ECAV) delivered by the University of Geneva. He previously obtained a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in law from the University of Lausanne, with specializations in business law and in litigation, magna cum laude.
Prior to joining MLL Legal, in 2015 as a junior associate, Jacques Johner worked for five years as an in-house lawyer for the City of Lausanne, in the energy and telecommunications department.
He is a native French speaker and his working languages are French, English, Italian and German.
Rankings & Awards
Deals & Cases
- Advised a major Swiss bank and one of its managed vehicles in the acquisition of a new commercial building housing a food production plant (sale & lease-back transaction)
- Advised Generali in the acquisition of a real estate portfolio comprising two residential and two mixed-use buildings located in Geneva
- Advised a major Swiss bank and several of its managed vehicles in the acquisition of a group of residential buildings under construction in the Geneva’s Lake area
- Advised a prominent Swiss real estate fund in the acquisition of a group of newly built residential buildings part of a large construction project comprising condominium apartments and a hotel complex
- Advised one of the major Swiss real estate fund in the acquisition of a large commercial building in Geneva from a company abroad and in the continuation of the lease agreement in force with the sole tenant, during Covid-19 crisis
- Jacques advised several institutional investors in real estate transactions and construction projects in French-speaking Switzerland, with values ranging from CHF 30 to 300 million
- He advised Sunrise Communications Group Ltd. with respect to real estate in the signing of a binding agreement to acquire UPC Switzerland GmbH for an enterprise value of CHF 6.3 billion
- Jacques advised NASDAQ listed Masimo Corporation headquartered in California in its acquisition of a new business facility for its Swiss subsidiary in Neuchâtel
- He successfully represented 3 owners against the City of Geneva in the context of a project to raise the height of 4 buildings
Education & Admission
- Trained in collaborative law (2022)
- Admitted to the Bar in Switzerland (2016)
- University of Geneva, Certificate of Advanced studies in Legal Professions, ECAV (2013)
- University of Lausanne, Master of Law (MLaw) with majore in Business Law and in litigation, magna cum laude (2010)
- University of Lausanne, Bachelor of Law (BLaw) (2008)
Memberships and public offices
- Geneva Bar Association (OdaGe)
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Global Law Experts (GLE)