Felix Mathis is a Zurich-based of counsel with a particular focus on corporate and commercial law as well as commercial litigation.
He advises domestic and international clients on a broad range of industries, including aviation, pharmaceuticals, internet, construction and start-ups.
Rankings & Awards
Deals & Cases
- Advised the Seller in the sale of the shares of Swiss holding company Secura Industriebeteiligungen AG including MÜPRO group with group companies across the globe to a group of institutional investors including Perusa Partners Fund II L.P. . MÜPRO group is a market leading provider of fixing technology products and services as well as vibration insulation and fire safety solutions with group sales of approx. EUR 95 million. The transaction was important in size but also in complexity because it included various jurisdictions and a complex real estate carve-out, involving banks and tax authorities.
- Advised wealthy Chinese family in the acquisitions of a Zurich based beauty clinic.
- Supported the liquidators of the English companies Petroplus Refining & Marketing Limited and Petroplus Refining Teesside Limited in pursuing claims in multi million Swiss insolvency proceedings against Petroplus Marketing AG. The matter involved complex cross board insolvency issues such as recognition of foreign insolvency proceedings in Switzerland, setting-off claims in insolvencies in different jurisdictions and validity and treating of subordination agreements based on foreign law.
- Represented successfully a leading UK Bank against an Indonesian bank in a US$ 150 million interpleader lawsuit before the Commercial Court in Zurich and the Swiss Supreme Court.
Education & Admission
- Admitted to the Bar in Switzerland (1985)
- New York University, MCJ
- University of Zurich, lic.iur.
Memberships and public offices
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA)