Christoph Heiz advises on capital market transactions, M&A, investment fund schemes and corporate finance structures. His Swiss and international clients include several listed companies, financial institutions as well as other large and medium-sized companies. Christoph Heiz has a particular focus on regulated industries such as financial services, banking and investment funds as well as on the consumer goods industry and the information technology sector.
He serves as member on the board of directors of various Swiss companies. He is fluent in German, English and French. Christoph Heiz was admitted to the bar in Switzerland in 1984. He holds degrees from the University of Zurich (lic. iur./Dr. iur) and a master degree (LL.M.) from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law.
Rankings & Awards
- Christoph Heiz is recommended in The Legal 500 EMEA, Capital Markets, 2022
- “Practice co-head Christoph Heiz is a key contact for clients” – Chambers and Partners, 2017
Deals & Cases
- Representing the private equity fund Capiton in the acquisition of various Swiss companies (Asyril SA, Cedes AG, Dec Group)
- Advising major international fund management companies in connection with the admission of various investment funds by FINMA (Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority) and distribution of the funds in Switzerland
- Representation of the internationally active growth financial investor Verlinvest SA in connection with the acquisition of a stake in Sinomedica, a leading Swiss group of acupuncture centres
Education & Admission
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, LL.M. (1986/1987)
- Admitted to the bar in Switzerland (1984)
- University of Zurich, Dr. iur. (1984)
- University of Zurich, lic. iur. (1980)
“Practice co-head Christoph Heiz is a key contact for clients”